Link dump #01
- Enjoyed 99% Invisible’s look at the history of fake books and The Real Book
- Jacob Kaplan-Moss encourages us to Embrace the Grind, how simply putting in the effort can make tedium result in magic. (See also: DHH on Effort – it’s not about working hard, it’s always about working lazy smart.)
- I’m forever fascinated by these little critters, so I loved NYTimes’ Let Us Now Praise Tiny Ants
- Learned a thing or two about Wes Anderson and planimetric composition in this video by Thomas Flight: Why Do Wes Anderson Movies Look Like That (via Kottke)
- Inkle’s ink looks like something that would have been really handy when I worked with my digital storybook. Tried writing branching conversations directly in JSON, but it was a massive headache to keep track of everything. Now I want to give it another go!